Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 09:49:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  RATS (Moderator: Mustang Gregg)  |  Topic: All ye shooters who wanna be RATS >> Sign in here! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: All ye shooters who wanna be RATS >> Sign in here!  (Read 376514 times)
LTCol Long
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #1125 on: February 19, 2015, 07:47:26 am »

I shoot with the Good Guys Posse north of Winnebego, tho I think most of them come down from Bristol. I was just at your fine range as a guest last month and it is a really nice range. I will try to get down there and look you up.

That is where I thought I have seen you!!  I get over to the Good Guys when I can.  I'm only 5 miles away, but being tied to Tri County I more often than not don't make it.  Know most of the Cowboys who are on the board there.
matt45
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1126 on: February 25, 2015, 08:45:43 pm »

Hello the Camp,
     I reckon I ought to request permission to come aboard.
     I've been shooting a Blackhawk in 45LC since 1977 when I was 14.  I am getting a Vaquero Bisley in the same caliber, so am hoping I might be allowed to brief.
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007

« Reply #1127 on: February 25, 2015, 09:42:59 pm »

We can do that.  
Is your alias Matt 45?

Mustang Gregg

"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net
matt45
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1128 on: February 25, 2015, 11:44:38 pm »

roger that
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1129 on: February 26, 2015, 02:28:17 pm »

Got it.  You're in!!
MG

BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net
Killshot Kenny
Citizen

I have "GAS" Gun Acquisition Syndrome

« Reply #1130 on: May 09, 2015, 07:12:17 pm »

Aye laddy... I guess that you can call me a dirty rat. Only shoot em' at deserves it though.
Shoot it in everything from my Vaquero's to my Old Army's. Someone complain once...didn't know who, cuzz of all the smoke. Couldn't identify him at all.   Wink
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1131 on: May 13, 2015, 08:54:22 pm »

You are in!!
WELCOME to the RATS!

BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1132 on: October 11, 2015, 03:10:38 pm »

I am going to go through the RATS threads backwards and find out the posters who are Ruger owners and make them RATS.

Mustang the Moderator  Cool

BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net
Cinco Peso
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #1133 on: October 12, 2015, 08:28:43 pm »

I am the proud owner of several Ruger's. But my NV in 45 Colt are my favorites. I have joined a local Cowboy Club and have been practicing, but not competed yet. I need to go and shoot with them soon, hopefully by then I have a better shooting times.
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1134 on: October 12, 2015, 11:25:04 pm »

Yep, Cinco! 
Get all of the trigger time you can! Wear those Ruger out!  Actually, that is almost impossible!  Wink
You'll find the cowboy shooters are a great bunch to help you with the shooting techniques and shooting safety.

Mustang

BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net
Trapper Tom
Citizen

Retired Military. SASS Life, NRA Life, NCOA Life,

« Reply #1135 on: December 25, 2015, 09:00:26 pm »

I have a pair of vaqueros in 45 LC, 44-40, 38/357, and 32 H&R, a pair of old 22 SA, and a10/22. Love em all. But the most fun is choking everyone with all the Soot. Black is where its at. Grin
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1136 on: December 29, 2015, 11:54:30 pm »

TTT:

You are in.

MG

BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net
Citizen

« Reply #1137 on: January 07, 2016, 12:03:18 pm »

If shooten Rugers makes me a RAT. What does shooten Colts make me?  Anyhow I'm from West Virginia where the Sun Shines in the sky and the Moon Shines in the basement. I love shooting Single Actions of all Brands.

I enjoy shooting .22 RF, .38 special, .357 magnum, 44/40, .44 special, .44 magnum, and .45 colt. My favorite, hard to say, but I'm leaning towards the 44/40 the older I become.

Shoot Safe, have Fun, try to take a new to shooting person with you when ever you can.
  Randy Miller
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1138 on: January 15, 2016, 11:53:18 pm »

Randy: 

I got you in the RATS.

Mustang

BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net
sixgunner1965
Citizen

« Reply #1139 on: January 30, 2016, 07:11:51 pm »

Been shootin Rugers for bout 20 years from 38/357,41mag 44mag .45 colts  prob my favorite now that I've entered the  "DARKSIDE" Wish they would make NMV in 44-40 love making smoke and fire in South Western PA .

Ricochet James  SASS# 92587
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1140 on: February 01, 2016, 11:05:37 pm »

Ricochet James:

Welcome to our Ruger outfit.
I'll get your name posted in the RATS Roll ASAP.

MG

BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net
treadhead1952
Active citizen

« Reply #1141 on: February 16, 2016, 10:23:40 pm »

I have a pair of New Model Blackhawks in .357 Magnum and a P-90 and a P-95 as well.  The P models alternate as my daily carry pistols and the NMB's are broken out every time I head to the desert ranges for some fun.

Jay
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV

Jay
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
wcandres
Citizen

« Reply #1142 on: February 18, 2016, 03:08:24 pm »

Been shooting Single Six's, Security Six's and Blackhawks for many years.

Bill
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1143 on: February 18, 2016, 10:34:53 pm »

WCandres: 

What should we use for your alias? 
What state are you from?

Mustang Gregg

BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net
Steel Striker
Very Active Citizen

Weewahootee Vigilence Committee, FL

« Reply #1144 on: May 30, 2016, 08:50:52 pm »

We be proud to be R.A.T.S., all 45's.  

Bar-B-Sue shoots a brace of SASS New Vaquero's & I light off a brace of 5.5" Blue Black SAA's

New to CAS, SASS #100144.  Obtained: Marlin 1894CB; New Vaquero's in .45LC; Win 1897 12ga cut to 20".  Looking to pick old brains.  Designed/built my very own dbl. CAS rig.  Putting a Dillon 550B to good use for my .45-70, .45LC., .44Mag, .45ACP, .38  I alloy lead & cast my own. 

Tent repairs & ammo belts, a hobby Blacksmith, woodworker & Boy Scout Ldr. & Lead Scrounger.
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1145 on: June 01, 2016, 01:34:57 pm »

Steel & Sue:

You are IN!!!

MG

BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net
Chev. William
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1146 on: July 04, 2016, 08:40:06 pm »

I am a 'Relatively' new Ruger Shooter as I bought my First Used Ruger Revolver in late November 2015.

It is a New Model .22 CAL. Convertible Single Six that I had custom converted to a Center Fire Single Eight in .25ACP, and other Cartridges, with a 10-5/8" long barrel.

The end of June 2016 my Second Cylinder was finished by my gunsmith in ".250ALRM"; a .25ACP diameters "wildcat" of 1.250" case length.  I also have some other 'Mildcats' I can shoot through this revolver now:
"6.35x26mmSR Stewart" of 1.020 through 1.056" case length, I currently am trimming to 1.055" in my experiments.
This is the same Case length and overall length as a .22WMR cartridge and also has the name ".25 Magnum Auto" and ".25MACP".
"6.35x28.6mmSR Stewart" of 1.125" case length.  This is the Same length as the old .25 Stevens Rim Fire Cartridge.
"6.35x32mmSR Stewart" of 1.250" case length.  the same case length as the ".250ALRM" but made from a 5.7x28mm Case.
All the 'mm' case designations are Made from Resized and trimmed 5.7x28mm FN once fired Brass.
All the "inch" case designation sar e made form Resized and trimmed .22 Hornet Brass (mostly new PPU brass).

So far I have loaded 50 grain FMJ and 63 grain Lead bullets ahead of BE-86, Power Pistol, Bullseye, Or Unique.
weakest fired to date is Factory Prvi Partisan 50 grain FMJ .25ACP, and the Strongest so far is 3.0 grains of BE-86 behind ^3 Grain Lead in a .25ACP case.

Left side of my Ruger .25ACP Single Eight, with Cylinder installed.

Right side of my Ruger .25ACP Single Eight with cylinder removed and Loaded with cartridges.

Close up of the Modified 8-shot cylinder. It is still marked as '22-MAG' though.

Eventual Plans is to have four separate Cylinders, one for each basic cartridge designation/case length.

I have not yet come up with a method to remark the cylinders in their actual Cartridges without the chance of distortion.
I also have a Stevens "Favorite" converted to Center fire and use a ".25 Stevens" barrel to 'plink' with .25ACP rounds.
I can fire 6.35x28.6mmSR Stewart in it if I down load to about Trans sonic Velocities (about 1124fps).

Best Regards,
Chev. William

"Been there, But no 'Tee Shirt' survived.
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1147 on: July 06, 2016, 09:12:17 pm »

Chev. William:

Well, that is interesting.   Shocked

I like wildcatting too.  Ruger SA revolvers are great platforms to build from.

You are now RATS member #736.

Mustang

BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net
Chev. William
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1148 on: July 09, 2016, 02:44:57 pm »

Thank you for Making me a Member of the R.A.T.S.

I hope to request a 'Badge' when I receive my Social Security Retirement payment at
the End of the month, provided I don't have a a Huge Utility Bill like I did last month.

Retirement is not Highly Remunerative it seems. No "work calls" from My Union for a
Month or more now, and I had to decline the last 'work call" s I am not up to hauling
4/0 Power Cable up ladders to the Permanent Overhead of Stages any more.
Moving it around on the stage floor is still OK.

Best Regards,
Chev. William

"Been there, But no 'Tee Shirt' survived.
Mustang Gregg
.44 BP GUNFIGHTER
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1149 on: August 03, 2016, 08:22:54 pm »

CW:

Look at the badge thread to find the badge order form.
It's usually the first or second one on the RATS forum. 
I sent you a PM and an email also.

MG

BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  RATS (Moderator: Mustang Gregg)  |  Topic: All ye shooters who wanna be RATS >> Sign in here! « previous next »
Jump to: