Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 09:08:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  WESTERN 3 GUN (Moderators: Sam Houston, Black Jack Traven)  |  Topic: OK...so who else had a blast at World Cup '08? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OK...so who else had a blast at World Cup '08?  (Read 6586 times)
Irish Red O'Toole
Top Active Citizen

« on: August 11, 2008, 10:01:31 pm »

I just wanted to put it out publicly that I think this year's World Cup was pretty friggin' awesome!!!  Lefty designed some great stages and put in some new elements that kept the shooter thinking.  The modified Texas Star, the bird swingers, and the moving wall were pretty cool....even though I totally screwed up the Texas Star for my one and only miss in the match!!  Lefty and Sam, kudos on another successful World Cup.
Black Jack Traven
Deputy Marshal
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:04:12 am »

World Cup 08 is what you think of when you think of a World class shooting competition. The props were great, the stages were well thought out with both fun and challenge. The match was 3 dimensional with movement on every stage in all directions. There was a good balance between shotgun, rifle and revolver. The shoot off stage was THE best I have ever seen. It was everything a shoot off should be. It was very easy to understand and very fast paced. Observers could keep track of what was going on and see the result of every shot.

I also thought it was a display of class when the match afforded those who wished to both shoot the match and attend the memorial service that opportunity.

I feel sorry for the all the shooters who enjoy fast paced shoot on the move action shooting and missed this outstanding event.

Very Best Regards,
BJT
Neighbor Tom
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 06:40:02 pm »

I know there is one window sill that had a blast!!!  I must say, I dont think I have ever had as much fun as I did in Sundays man-on-man shoot out. Thanks folks.
Easy Rider
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 07:59:19 pm »

WOW!!  World Cup 08 was awesome!
Thanks to all who busted their butts putting on this match so we could all have a great time. Especially those that ran the Sunday afternoon posse through.
Neighbor Tom snd Scarlett, thanks for the hospitality

Easy
Smokin Gator
Active citizen

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 09:04:23 pm »

First, thanks to Lefty and Sam and all of the other people who put together the 2008 World Cup.  I missed the first World Cup, but it's too much fun not to have this match on my "can't miss" list.  The different targets, barricades, movement and the opportunity to be rewarded for hitting the center of the target makes this match the ultimate in fun.  The Sunday shootoff was fantastic and I got to do that for the first time.  Thanks again to everyone and howdy to all of the shooters who attended the match.   Smokin Gator
Excalibur
Citizen

Shoot'em if ya got'em

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 04:16:03 pm »

I also had a great time!
Really cool stages & props.
Shootoff was great fun even though I was eliminated in my first try.

And Congradulations to Black Jack Traven for hitting ALL bonuses, it was awesome to watch, I am glad I was on his possie to see it.

Also nice you meet you Gator!
Tex Fiddler
Citizen

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 08:35:20 pm »

I always have a great time shooting W3G matches. Runnin' and shootin' -- makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again.

It was obvioius how much thought went into the stages. The shootoff was great. 

Thanks to Sam, Lefty and all who did the work.

-tex fiddler
Howdy Doody
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 10:07:56 pm »

Sure sorry I missed this one. Next year. I am scheduled to resume shooting at the JWSO and that will tune me up for some W3G.

yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  WESTERN 3 GUN (Moderators: Sam Houston, Black Jack Traven)  |  Topic: OK...so who else had a blast at World Cup '08? « previous next »
Jump to: