Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 08:16:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Camping accessory reviews 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 96438 times)
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 07:33:53 pm »

I admit I take a lot, plus things most folks don't, like a coffee grinder, broom, the big cloth bag to the left in the last picture is towels, oh and clothes line and clothes pins for wet towels, that is about half the gear, I pick and chose for the trip. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Curley Cole
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 07:39:09 pm »

Miss Scarlett

Me and Old Top used to spend the weekend with sleeping bags, and a frozen brick of his mothers chili, chip some off and heat..(good thing no tent)

Old Age and marriage has taken me from tents, tent trailers, trailer, to now like Arcy Holiday Inn..however here is a great site for freeze dried foods, containers and most importantly First Aid supplies...check it out...

http://beprepared.com/Default.asp?bhcd2=1216341155

Curley

PS a good site to get your earthquake stuff together..(mine has gotten old so I am restocking from this place. The MRE's are very reasonable

Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 07:45:39 am »

Cooking out is my favorite part of Camping.   The smell of bacon and eggs being cooked outside in the morning and fresh coffee is the best part of waking up.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 12:17:51 pm »

Cooking out is my favorite part of Camping.   The smell of bacon and eggs being cooked outside in the morning and fresh coffee is the best part of waking up.

Tex, you are so right about that.  The evening meal is a fun production but that wake up call is the best.  Lil does that one while the rest of us are still asleep.

Curley mentioned MRE's.  We used to mix the sugar and powdered cream and call it vanilla ice cream.  It was a good way to finish off the brick of chipped beef.  It really isn't bad eating.

Leo

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 01:02:34 pm »

Del, It looks the bed of your truck will be full with all your gear.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 06:06:04 pm »

Del, It looks the bed of your truck will be full with all your gear.

I could get more in, got room, but it has to be packed in a certian way, takes about 20 minutes to pack.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 06:20:02 pm »

I bought a long wheel base truck this time and I put one of those fiberglass bed cover on it. I travel in my trucks instead of my wife's new Caddy.  I got more head and leg room in the trucks,

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 06:26:24 pm »

I fit in my truck better than the wife's Mustang, too , TLD. Don't bend like I used to........Buck Cool Roll Eyes Wink

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 06:38:49 pm »

I'm just too tall to fit in that low slung Caddie and Victoria can't ride in the Caddie because of the leather seats.

Ozark Tracker
Top Active Citizen

my granddad on his mule around 1907

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 06:44:30 pm »

I tell ya what, as far as fit,  this Toyota, Tacoma is about as comfortable a little pickup as I have ever been in,  it just fits ya.  Grin

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 02:43:09 am »

OT, It had enough room for me and that sayin' alot.  My body just don't fit in a car unless it's one of those 70's luxury cars.

Trinity
AKA the Chicory Kid
Top Active Citizen

Here's to Miss AnnieLee!

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2008, 10:29:52 pm »

Gas prices notwithstanding, I'd love to have a '75 Lincoln Continental Town Car.

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 05:40:36 am »

Now that's a LAND YACHT!

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 07:08:50 am »

My grandfather used to have a blue Lincoln.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Ozark Tracker
Top Active Citizen

my granddad on his mule around 1907

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 07:25:30 am »

my first father in law was always buying and selling Linclons,  I don't remember him driving anything else,  he drove a gas transport during the week, every Friday at the end of the day, he had to drain the transport to make sure no water collected, it was a 10,000 gallon tank, so he would always get 10 or 15 gallons of gas,  he'd take it home and put it in 55 gallon barrels,  I don't think he ever paid for a gallon of gas. always had plenty on hand for the Linclons.

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2008, 07:45:32 am »

Gotta love those Town Cars.  OT, When my Dad got back from WWII, he found an old 39 Lincoln Zephyr, that thing had V12 in it. The motor was shot and needed to be rebuilt.  He checked the pistons and found they needed to be replaced. He figured out that a Ford tractor pistons would fit. He rebuilt that thing and had it runnin' in a few days.

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2008, 08:21:25 am »

Drove a ’78 Mercury Grand Mark ta Baltimore for a Colts game. Nice on the interstate. The most miserable car I’ve ever driven in an urban settin’.

Didn’t have a clue where the government mandated over-sized bumpers were. It was a two door. Damned near impossible to see past the massive C-pillars to back it up. Jist go back easy ‘til ya hear glass break. 

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2008, 08:35:11 am »

Hot Rod Lincolns Grin    that's a car you could pull a Camper with

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 09:06:07 am »

Let's hear it for Commander Cody!

Scarlet Angel
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 09:26:06 am »

Gas prices notwithstanding, I'd love to have a '75 Lincoln Continental Town Car.

You can crawl right in the trunk instead of taking a tent and still have room for the gear Smiley

I do like the simple camps that don't take much to set up or take down.

"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Forty Rod
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2008, 10:17:46 am »

Oh, but what a bitch to park.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2008, 11:18:04 am »

I learned to parallel park in a 59 Ford Country Squire wagon. I can still do a pretty good job of it. It really PO's the Moose because she can't park anything.

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2008, 11:41:04 am »

Learned ta park a ’55 Chevrolet, clutch, no power steerin’. Sher as hell don’t wanna park or drive that thing now.  A pure PITA like that Mercury in close quarters I think. That stuff makes my ’65 ‘Bird seem nimble.

Anything I could have of the larger cars, gas no issue.

A late, out of production Caprice, two door. Totally tuned suspension with tires that match it. I mean one that tries to throw ya outtah the car when ya put it in a turn it sticks so well. Love the stiff ride.

A 427 all balanced with a supercharger that’d give, say, ten ta twelve pounds of boost. The strongest automatic transmission I could get that was street compatible. A cam that’d take that without shakin’ the fillin’s out yer teeth when it idles. When I shut the door with the window up I want it quiet.

Black on black. Power everything with an A/C that’d freeze the b_lls off a polar bear. A stereo system what makes ya think yer there.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2008, 11:50:59 am »

Arcey, When you get one of those, I'm ready to ride in that BAD RIDE!

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2008, 11:52:30 am »

Sounds like an old patrol car, Arcey...........Buck Cool Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Camping accessory reviews « previous next »
Jump to: