Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 09:36:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  WESTERN 3 GUN (Moderators: Sam Houston, Black Jack Traven)  |  Topic: Setting up a stage for W3G??? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setting up a stage for W3G???  (Read 6562 times)
silver sam
Citizen

« on: July 02, 2008, 07:51:57 pm »

I'm curious about the stages shot in W3G....
Do you ever set up any stages with No downrange movement?
The reason I ask is because the Majority of Ranges here in Texas have no Berms,
so downrange movement usually is not practical.

I would like to set up a couple of W3G stages at one of the Clubs I shoot at regularly,
But No One here, that I'm aware of, has ever shot it.
Black Jack Traven
Deputy Marshal
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 12:00:34 pm »

It is possible to do without down range movement but it is more challenging.

When I write W3G stages, my objective is to define only which targets are to be shot with which guns and how many times and perhaps also what the gun order is. Beyond that, I try to let the shooter and the stage sort it out.

I also try to make sure that not all targets for a given gun are available to the shooter from any one spot. There are several ways to accomplish this. The most common is to use barriers or false walls to block a shooter's view. If these are set up correctly, the shooter can move along the firing line and never be able to see all the targets for a gun from one spot. Another method is to use the targets themselves to block the view of other targets. This gets very difficult since targets are so much smaller than walls.

Walls can be held in place with construction stakes or stands for them can be built. The walls themselves can be old doors or plywood sheets with stiffeners.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Black Jack Traven
silver sam
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 12:33:22 pm »

Thanks BJT...
I was sorta thinking along the same lines.
Moving laterally using doors and windows along a store front and staging targets to block other targets.
We might be able to build some movable walls too....

Is there a page here anywhere that goes into details about setting up stages and scenarios?

Or does anyone have any written stages they could post here?
Black Jack Traven
Deputy Marshal
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 04:01:29 pm »

I would like to help but I do not have any written down. Maybe Lefty or Sammy will drop in shortly.........

BJT
Sam Westley
Citizen

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 07:54:44 pm »

I'm not Lefty or Sammy but, I am the east coast match director (yee haw).  I'll bet if you went to the Deadwood Boys sight and contacted them that way, mayhaps they could send you the 2007 World Cup booklet that has some really good stages in it, and they would most likely send you more info...etc...etc...etc. If I can be of any help please contact me at cadics2002@yahoo.com

Sam Westley
Lefty Longridge
Active citizen

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 11:12:21 pm »

Howdy Sam,

I sent you a personal e-mail with the some ideas. Working on a 180 plane does restrict your creativity a little, but it's very possible. Like I mentioned in the e-mail, W3G is about not restricting the shooter, giving them options and throwing in an accuracy factor. Have fun!

Talk to you soon,

Lefty
silver sam
Citizen

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 07:20:33 pm »

Thanks Lefty...
I got your email, I've been so busy I hav'nt really had a chance to do more than talk to a couple of Pards about setting up some stages to see if there's any interest around here.
Turns out there is a Range just south of Dallas that tried W3G a few years back, but never attracted a following....
Maybe its time to give it another Shot...... They Have Berms!!!

Thanks!! I'll be in touch if we can get this going.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  WESTERN 3 GUN (Moderators: Sam Houston, Black Jack Traven)  |  Topic: Setting up a stage for W3G??? « previous next »
Jump to: